Treatspace is looking for a Business Management Intern who is available now!
Treatspace is “LinkedIn for healthcare” -- a secure web platform that manages medical practice visibility, communications, referrals and connectivity. We transform traditional provider websites into hubs of “LinkedIn” communities that 1) eliminate the confusion and financial loss associated with web-based rating sites that distort provider reputations 2) centralize access to Stage 2 Meaningful Use (MU) patient portals and 3) satisfy diverse needs in other healthcare organizations that need to connect constituents in a HIPAA-compliant way.
Join a winning team!
In the last year, Treatspace won several local and national awards:
- $25,000 Pitt Innovation Challenge Award
- $50,000 The PLSG “Running with the Bulls” Investment Challenge
- $1 Million Global Action Challenge Award in Nashville Tennessee.
- $10,000 in the BNY Mellon UpPrize Contest.
- We are also currently a Finalist for 2015 Startup of the Year in the Pittsburgh Technology Council’s Tech 50 Awards.
Are you able to:
- Lead. You know how to get things done. You prefer not to be managed.
- Overachieve. You know how to overcommit and still over-deliver.
- Take risks. You’re willing to ask questions, look dumb, be wrong, and fail.
- Be responsible. You willingly take more blame and give out more credit.
- Be humble. You never forget that there’s always more you can learn.
- Put team first. You play well with others and handle conflict well.
- Stay diplomatic. You communicate your thoughts by discussing, not by arguing.
- Learn. You accept criticism of your work and take it well.
- Optimize. You find ways to make things better, even if they work just fine.
- Get excited. Reading this list makes your heart pound just a little bit.
What we're looking for:
We need a Business Management Intern. You will constantly shadow and work with the various heads of the company and help them stay organized, efficient, and stress-free. In return, you will learn more about the internet business in a few months than in two years in business school.
Treatspace offers many opportunities to advance your career quickly. You will be involved with other departments (development, design, communication, sales, etc.). You will meet successful entrepreneurs and medical professionals on a weekly basis. You will listen to presentations from many of the key leaders of this industry.
The internship is unpaid, but free lunch is provided every day at Whole Foods Market, along with unlimited drinks and snacks on the house. Please only respond if you can commit to at least 30-40 hours per week at our East End office.
We need a smart, talented, and ambitious individual who can do it all and wants to make a major difference. Below is a general description of the work, but we imagine tailoring it to meet your specific strengths and interests.
- Manage and maintain the schedules of managers and officers
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, financial statements
- Read and analyze documents and plan their distribution
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Greet visitors and incoming calls to determine if they can access specific staff
- Other support duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Very strong online research skills and/or drive
- Familiarity with Internet businesses that can troubleshoot our needs
- Current college student and/or recent grad (or equiv. work experience)
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Drive (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Draw)
- Ability to work in diverse teams; manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but able to take directions well
- Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Understanding of healthcare industry is preferred; passion is even better
- Reports to the VP of Operations, working relationships with the entire company
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing one (all degrees will be considered)
- Some work or volunteer experience in any form of managerial assistance
- Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Gain demonstrable experience with a solid, growing team that will boost your resume
- Gain access to some of the brightest minds and leaders within the software development and healthcare spaces
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages every day
- Awesome office in Shadyside area
- All interns must be degree-seeking students currently enrolled in school (some special exceptions apply).
- The internship must be relevant to the student’s current course of study.
- Students must provide a letter from their school confirming that the student is receiving school credit for the internship, or provide a letter of acknowledgement from their school recognizing the internship if credit is not offered.
Treatspace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.